cowes classic this saturday 18th Feb
The final leg of the Bass Coast Summer Series. This Saturday will determine our Series winners!
Cowes Classic and Phillip Island Penguin Swim Classic daily schedule available here
san remo channel challenge 2017 results & photos now available
The Bass Summer Series is Victoria's premier Aquathon series, proudly sponsored by the Bass Coast Shire Council.
- Cape Paterson Aquathon: Sunday 15th January 2017 - COMPLETED.
400m open water swim and 4.4km run around the Cape Paterson Estate.
- San Remo Channel Challenge: Saturday 11th February 2017- COMPLETED.
450m open water swim across the channel waterway and a 2km run back over the Phillip Island bridge connecting Newhaven to San Remo.
- Cowes Classic: Saturday 18th February 2017
450m open water swim around the Cowes Pier and a 4km run.
The series boasts a $3000 cash prize pool with each category winner receiving $250:
- 1st Open Senior Male and 1st Open Senior Female
- 1st Local Senior Male and 1st Local Senior Female
- 1st Open Junior Male and 1st Open Junior Female
- 1st Local Junior Male and 1st Local Junior Female
- 1st Open O/40 Male and 1st Open O/40 Female
- 1st Local O/40 Male and 1st Local O/40 Female
*Local- competitor must be a permanent resident in the Bass Coast Shire to qualify for this category.
Further to the Bass Summer Series, is the Phillip Island Penguin Swim Classic. The event has 2km and 800m open water distances available to competitors. The Cowes Classic and Phillip Island Penguin Swim Classic form the notorious Classics Weekend; back-to-back Saturday 18th February and Sunday 19th February 2017.
The events are major fundraisers for not-for-profit and volunteer organisations Cape Paterson SLSC, Woolamai Beach SLSC and Phillip Island Football Netball Club. All monies raised support volunteer beach patrols and local communities.